Description du poste
We are seeking Cost Managers to act as the day-to-day interface with our clients helping to drive projects to achieve an excellent outcome. You will have worked on major construction projects in the Chemicals, Industrial, Manufacturing, Data Centers or Pharma sectors. You will either specialize in pre-contract cost planning and estimating activities or post-contract commercial management and will bring your practical expertise and best practice experience and be comfortable operating in a client-facing role, leading project teams and managing difficult stakeholders.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Ability to estimate at conceptual, programming and detailed level.
- Assist on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports.
- Perform all aspects of procurement, including managing the pre-qualification stage, produce bid list, bid analysis, produce bid report, and compile contractual documents.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable refer major changes to line manager.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects, and ensure timely and accurate cost checking, and valuation process.
- Produce monthly post contract cost reports and present to client.
- Provide input into value engineering; negotiate and approve final accounts.
- Maintain liaison with client and other consultants at all projects stages.
- Provide leadership to cost management team when necessary, ensure the delivery on all of accountabilities.
- Identify opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and report such opportunities to appropriate line manager, and utilize marketing database.
- Identify improvements for cost management procedures, templates, and products, and refer ideas to appropriate line manager.
Your qualifications and experience:
- Good technical experience in all cost management areas; pre-contract, post contract and final account.
- Good understanding of all mechanical, process, electrical, and plumbing systems, as they relate to construction of projects and/or
- Good understanding of all civils, structural and architectural aspects as they relate to construction of projects
- Experience of leading cost management on medium or large sized construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Experience with advising clients on value management, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Demonstrates excellent presentation, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Great organizational skills; ability to multi-task and be a team player.
- French language skills – highly advantageous
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience preparing cost estimates.
- Experience in commercial, data center, high-tech, healthcare, manufacturing Industries preferred.
- RICS or equivalent accreditation (or working towards). Member of a Professional Institute preferred.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/